BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shirt Repeater

It's time to get dressed.

Today is a day off of work so I went out for an early workout and I always come home to shower.
As I was finishing my hair, I was thinking about what shirt I was going to wear.
I have plans of housework and errands.  Nothing too fancy or dingy.

I rummage through a pile of clothes (a neat pile I might add) in my bedroom and I think back to a line that Adam Braverman said to his father on "Parenthood".  It was something about Crosby wearing the same shirt two days in a row.  "That's gross...unless you're working out."

I believe the opposite to be true.  I'm a repeat shirt wearer.  Why launder a perfectly good shirt and wear down the fabric and screen printing?  Maybe it's the frat boy inside of me but sometimes I do the smell test if it's been more than a couple of days.  But any hint of odor and in the hamper it goes.

Now my outfit for working out, I launder that every single time.  To put back on yesterday's sweaty clothes gives me the willies.  It makes me feel dirty and yucky.  Socks, undergarments, pants, shirt...it's fresh every day.

1 comments:

Beth said...

I don't repeat my shirts, but I'll repeat pants if they don't smell or didn't get spilled on. And skirts too.