BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cold or Just Allergies

The last couple years I have come to realize that I may have seasonal allergies.  I've always thought they were colds, but now I think my eyes are just a little wider to the difference.  But now I'm confused and I don't know whether to take cold medication or allergy medication.

It started about 2 weeks ago.  I have this little tick of clearing my throat and popping my ears.  My sister yells at me to stop making gross-throaty sounds but sometimes I do it without realizing it.  I believe this is part of the seasonal stuff.  All that gross stuff draining from the sinuses.

On Wednesday I couldn't take it anymore.  I broke down and dug into the medication cabinet.  Benadryl....yes!.....but it's expired.  Oh well.  Took 2 pills and off to work I went.  Didn't notice if it helped or not.
 
Thursday I forgot to take something before heading into work so I borrowed 2 Sudafed from Tracy.  It helped a little I guess.  I couldn't be away from a Kleenex box for more than 5 minutes.

Friday I took 6 more Sudafed.  This time from my own stash.  But by the time I got home from work it was much worse.  I could definitely tell I had sinus pressure.  My eyes felt like they were going to pop out.

This morning was no different except it also felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest.  I could barely go downstairs without wheezing and being light-headed.  Constantly sneezing.  My eyes were red and watery.  My nose was running like I just saw tear-jerker.  You know the kind?  The kind of movies that you dread the lights coming on when the credit's roll because your eyes are blood-shot and you cheeks are moist. 
Did a Walgreen's run in the early afternoon to see if there was something else that would work.   Got some Kleenex, Claratin, more Sudafed and some Alavert.  Never tried Alavert before but it had all my symptoms on the box.  It was for Colds and Allergies.  I spent the whole day on the couch, sleeping most of the day away.  Being able to breathe through my nose is something that I always take for granted.  When it's taken away, I can become a snotty little brat.  No pun intended.

I've seen many posts on Facebook about people being sick.  Are we all spreading it around to each other or again....is it just allergies?  Hopefully tomorrow will be better, but just in case....I'm keeping my Super Soft with Aloe 3-ply's super close.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. I just thought of mentioning about this website www.dustmitesallergies.org. They seem to offer specialized advice of dust mite allergy.