BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Redecorating

I have decided that it's time to redecorate.
I'm not going to go overboard.  I just want some fresh ideas for the summer.

The theme to the full bath is Palm Trees and Beaches.  The shower curtain looks like a photograph of....a palm tree, water and an island.  But it's torn around some of the hooks because it's made of plastic.  I'd like to replace it with a cloth one for durability.  So tomorrow I'm going to Walmart, Target, Kohl's and JCPennies to price compare.  I'd like to stay with the same motif because I just bought new bathroom linens a couple months ago and they are still in great condition.

My bedroom is beige...."crisp cracker" actually, with one wall painted metallic purple.  I love it.  I don't want to change it.  So I've decided to get new bedding instead.  I already placed an order for a new comforter/quilt and shams.  It's old-fashioned stitching in the shape of a star.  Something that you'd find in a farm house.  It still has purple in it, but also a splash of light green.  As long as I'm going shopping, I'm going to look for some new sheets too.  Real grown-up sheets.  Solid colors...in light green.  It's time to put away (a.k.a. get rid of) childish things.  I still have my NKOTB and Tweety Bird sheets, although I can't use them because they're for a twin bed.

It feels good to cleanse the house of old, unwanted things and start fresh!

0 comments: