BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lilacs

There is a Family Circle magazine at the dental office that has lilacs on the cover.  I've had many patients this week comment on how beautiful they look.  This event has made me reminisce about my childhood and growing up in Heights.

Our next door neighbor had 2 HUGE lilac bushes.  One purple and one white.   She would let Mom come over a couple times a month, clip a bunch, and then we would put them in a vase in the kitchen.  I love the smell of fresh cut lilacs.  I would place them on the top of my favorite flowers list.

Now that we all have moved away, that is one thing that I miss.  Lilacs in the kitchen.  With the windows open and a light breeze coming through to tickle the blossoms and the fragrance traveling to your nose.

Aaah!

( A house a couple of blocks away has a small lilac bush.  I've thought about sneaking over in the middle of the night and stealing a bunch. But that's the evil Julie and I don't listen to her much.  Maybe I should a little more ; )

0 comments: