BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Great Minnesota Get-Together

It's that time of year again.  I will attending the Minnesota State Fair on Friday with a bunch of girls from work.
In the past, I would go every other year but I am in the mood for really awesome French Fries so I say "why not".

Growing up, I would go with my mom, sister, aunt and cousin.  We would carpool together for free parking which is not offered anymore.  My mom and aunt would drag us to every single building and I would HATE it.  I despised the horticultural building.  How long can someone look at apples and bees?  The answer: too long for a 10-year-olds attention span.  And don't forget about the animal barns.  My mom and aunt grew up on a farm but I, however, did not.  That doesn't mean that my nose needs to catch up for all the smells that I'm missed out on. 
Machinery hill....I still don't care what a thrasher is for.  A tractor is a tractor whether it's John Deere or International Harvester.

When my cousin and I were around the age of 18, we went by ourselves.  No Parents Allowed.  We thought we'd be cool and do our own thing and not be dragged into places that contain blue ribbons.  Well, guess what.  We still did those things because that's what the state fair is all about.  Seeing the pies, quilts, paintings that won contests.  We went in the Grand Stand to see the Sham-Wow! guy and the steak knives that cut through steel.  BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT MAKES THE FAIR.

Because I was dragged everywhere I didn't want to go, I seems my mom and aunt were smart to not let us kids know that there was a water raft ride.  I discover that 4 years ago. 

I don't care what I see or don't see this year.  The plan is just walk around and people watch and eat.  But maybe I'll discover something that I didn't know was there and think..."why didn't I know about this sooner".  


0 comments: