BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Parents

My parents live Up North.  I don't get to see them as much as I'd like.  And I guess I really haven't gone Up North since Thanksgiving.  I work every other weekend and sometimes I pick up an extra shift on the weekend that I'm off, or I've got other plans already made.

Sometimes they come down to the cities.  It's usually when they have a dentist appointment or in the case of this past weekend, they were taking a class on how to use their new digital camera at National Camera Exchange.  My dad finally braking down and buying a digital camera is amazing.  I think my mom still has the camera and flash bulbs that were used in the 80's.  I remember playing with it when I was little.

When they come down, they stay at my place.  They've made a nice little home in my basement.  The silly thing about them is that sometimes they stay for less than 24 hours.  Take this weekend for example.  They arrived on Friday at 5:30 pm.  We ate supper together, then dad took a nap on the couch while my sister and I chatted with mom at the kitchen table.  ( That's my favorite part....just talking at the table with mom. )

Later on I made brownies while we watched 20/ 20.  ( That again is a memory I'll always cherish.  When I was little and we would travel Up North to my grandparents.  We'd walk in late Friday night and Grandma would be asleep in her chair snoring with her teeth falling out of her mouth and Grandpa would be snacking on Fisher's Salted Peanuts while watching Barbara Walter and Hugh Downs on 20/ 20. )

We all went to bed and that was the last I saw of them.  I got up super early on Saturday to go to work and they were still sleeping.  They went to their camera class and then headed home.  They were here for 14 hours.  The funny thing is that they wanted to get home before the snow came. 

I watched the news last night and WCCO said that snow was supposed to start overnight and by Sunday night we'd have over a foot.  But as I write this, I can still see grass!  Well, they beat it alright.

That's my parents and I love them.  They are the only set I have.  And they know that my motel is always open.

1 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.