BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm A Bicyclist

I'm taking my health living to another level that I thought I would never do.  I'm buying a bike.

A coworker from the Y wants to go riding trails at Bunker or Elm Creeks or wherever and I said that I would do it with her.  We'd be riding buddies.  She inherited a bike from her sister, but I am going to get a new one.  My parents sold the bike I had years ago.  It probably would be too small for me now.  It's so old...we got it at Montgomery Wards.  That store doesn't even exist anymore. 

On Sunday I went bike shopping and I fell in love with at bike at Pioneer Cycling.  It's a mom-n-pop shop three blocks away.  They had great customer service, were very knowledgeable and I was able to ride 6 bikes in their parking lot.   I have pretty much decided that I'm going to get the bike I'm in love with even though it's a little outside the price range I was intending to spend.  But if it's comfortable, I will look forward to using it and in the long run it will be an investment.  Plus, if I buy it from Pioneer, I get a lifetime warranty and a discount on maintenance fees (lubes, adjustments, etc).

I am going to be getting a trunk rack from another coworker.  It's designed to fit over a trunk and she has a Honda Fit....no trunk!  So I'll be saving a couple dollars there.  My only other expense is going to be a bike helmet....here comes helmet hair....and a theft-repellent bike lock. 

So if anyone wants to get together and go riding somewhere (Long Lake, Calhoun, Nicollet), I'll meet ya.  I can even pick you up and throw your bike on my trunk bike rack!  Call Me!!!

On another fitness front, check out this post.

2 comments:

Gina said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm actually getting my bike out this summer as well. We should totally meet up to go for a ride somewhere!

Beth said...

I still have a bike in pretty decent condition at my parents house that would be easy enough to grab, I'd love to go biking sometime! Nate doesn't like biking so I don't have anyone to go with besides my mom!