BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 25, 2011

Movie Monday

Date of Viewing: Saturday, April 16th, 2011
Method of Viewing: RedBox
Rating: 5 Starts
A-Listers: James Franco, Amber Tamblyn, Treat Williams

If you watched the Oscars, you've heard of this movie.  If you didn't, then I'm letting you know about it for the first time.  I have yet to see a trailer about this movie.  And I'm surprised about that because this is such a great movie.  I would think the production company would want to promote this movie for all people, not just outdoor enthusiasts, to see.

To describe this movie in one word is hard to do.  It's adventurous, thrilling, scary, intelligent, funny, real.   It's based on a true story of a man who bikes and hikes in the wilderness all by himself, not telling anyone where he's going.....and gets stuck by a rock in a canyon crevice.  No one can see him, no one can hear him.  Oh, what to do?

I mean, can you imagine YOURSELF being stuck under a giant rock and the only thing that is preventing you from going home is a mere 6 inches (the palm of your hand)?  That would make me go crazy.  But not to the point of chopping off my arm.  I would just die.  But that's the difference between Aron Ralston and I.  I don't go hiking in canyons or rock climb.  I walk on the sidewalk and take the stairs if there isn't an elevator.

If you are on the fence of whether you want to see this movie or not, let me help you out....see it!  If you don't think this movie is your kind of movie, I beg you to reconsider.  It's an amazing journey of a young man and his fight for his survival.  And who knows, you might need to know what to do when you're in a situation similar to his.



0 comments: