BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 1, 2011

Summer Sports

On Tuesday I received the Blaine Park & Rec Activities book for this summer.  I've received them in the past and have signed up for community league softball twice.  And I took ballroom dance lessons at the Andover Middle School about 4 years ago.  That was super fun except I registered as a single, not a couple, so that was a little awkward.

The softball ad caught my eye, but the co-ed league is on Thursday nights.  Thursday's don't work for me because I have to work at the Y.  Then I saw the tennis ad.  With my new fitness commitment, getting out and running around in the fresh air with a racket in my hands sounds wonderful.  It goes from mid-May to mid-August.  That's a long time.  But it's cheap...only $15 for the whole summer.

I'm kind of nervous because it's been a long time since I've played serious tennis.  I've played with L every summer, but we don't get too competitive with each other.  We're more interested about getting a volley going (and girl talk) than scoring points. 

There are no set days, so my opponent and I will have to contact each other and arrange the place and time to play.  I'm so rusty I'll probably lose every match.  My backhand sucks.  And I'm used to playing doubles ( S-A-R-A. S-A-R-A.  Go Sara Go!).  I'm going to be running all over the place because it will be ME and only me.  Thanks goodness I received a rule book Senior year during our banquet.  Thanks tennis captains.  I can brush up on scoring and tie-breakers.

I'm still on the fence if I really want to do this.  The registration deadline is May 5 so I have some time to think about it. 

1 comments:

Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

What day of the week is it? I'd register with you if it's not Tuesday or Thursday (Tyler has soccer)!!!