BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 25, 2011

Movie Monday


You Again
Date of Viewing: Sunday, July 24, 2011
Method of Viewing: Netflix
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
Big Names: Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver, Victor Garber, Betty White, Kristin Chenoweth, Cloris Leachman and Patrick Duffy ( even if they both only has 2 minutes of screen time)
  

Date of Viewing:  Sunday, July 24, 2011
Method of Viewing: Wynnsong 15; Mounds View, MN
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Big Names: Justin Timberlake, Mila Kunis, Patricia Clarkson, Jenna Elfman, Woody Harrelson, Adam Sandberg, Emma Stone and a cameo of Shaun White

Funny, funny, funny movies!

I spent most of "You Again" wishing I could punch the daughters in the face.  So much high school angst....just let it go.  I did enjoy the feuding between Jamie Lee and Sigourney.  And there's a l.o.l. moment at the very end between Betty and Cloris.  If you're having a girls' movie night, this is definitely a movie you would want to rent.  All the fighting and arguing throughout the movie is worth the end reward.

I saw "No Strings Attached" when it came out even though I didn't do a Movie Monday about it.  This movie stars Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman.  I would classify this movie as more romantic than comedy.  "Friends With Benefits" is more comedy than romantic.  Isn't it funny that similar movies come out around each other.  "Chasing Liberty" and "First Daughter".  "Deep Impact" and "Armageddon".  "The Illusionist" and "The Prestige".  As I was searching for other movies for more examples beyond these, I can across this blog.  It seems like I'm not the only one who's thought about this.

Sorry.  I'm getting off topic.  "Friends With Benefits" is the superior of the two.  I like Ashton and Natalie, but Justin and Mila have better on-screen chemistry.  And I'm so happy that Justin has found his footing in acting.  He's much better here than he was in "The Social Network".   You also get to see his tushy.

The plot goes deeper than just what the title tells you about the movie.  These characters have flaws...commitment and family issues.  You root for the couple (and their families) and wonder if they'll ever get over said issues and just move onto the next step.  I'll stop talking before I give anything away.  This is most definitely a sexy date movie!  The creepiest part was that couples that looked like my parents were in the theater too.  I would die if I saw my dad at this movie.  But I shouldn't have to worry.  He's more into action films.   Phew!


A side note worth mentioning:   I had a sister date night...movie and dinner afterwords.  We went to Chili's.  Did you know that if you bring in a current movie ticket stub, you get a free brownie a la mode dessert.  Times two if your partner has their ticket too.  Yummy!  Thanks Chili's!


0 comments: