BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Bucket List

I know some of you have already posted your summer bucket lists.  I've meant to do mine sooner but never got around to posting it here.  I, however, have "posted" it in my kitchen.


Last year I had many ideas of what I wanted to do throughout summer but I probably only did one or two.  I don't want to miss out on this summer too.  Nice weather (even 90* days) don't come around too often. 

As you can see, a hole row is gone.  That was the months of May and June.  Some items that can be checked off the list include: Garage Sales.  I hit the Johnsville neighborhood at the beginning of May and the Club West/ Deacon's Walk Garage Sales at the end of May.

The Stone Arch Arts Festival.

Casey's Wedding.  Forget Will & Kate.  Her's was the event of the summer.  And she planned it fast.  They only got engaged at Valentine's Day.  But she's so organized that she would be the one who could plan a wedding in only 4 months.

Some activities that are still on the list include:

Attending a St. Paul Saints and/or Twins Game.  I will be able to check the Saints off the list as of tonight.  My sister and I will be going for both the game and the extended fireworks show following the game.  I'm still looking forward to my first game at Target Stadium though.

The Minnesota Zoo.  The last time I was there, it was for German Days in my Senior Year.  I can't believe that was 11 years ago.  I wasn't able to see anything besides the little bit of hall that our Schildkrote (sea turtle) display was stationed and the food court.  Maybe I'll be able to see the dolphin show or a lion, tiger or bear.  Oh my....I hope the shutdown doesn't last too long.

Valleyfair!!!! The be-all and end-all of a Minnesota summer.  A bunch of gals for the dental office have set the date for Friday, July 29th.

Festivals.  These include the Grand Marais Arts Festival on July 9th and 10th. (I will miss out on this as I have to work at the Y.)
The Hopkins Raspberry Festival: July 9-17.
The Minneapolis Aquatennial: July 15-23.
Lumberjack Days in Stillwater: July 21-24.
Uptown/ Powderhorn/ Loring Park Arts Festivals: August 6th and 7th.

Movies Under The Stars (Loring Park) and Movies In The Park (Walker Arts in St. Paul), both in August.


I'd also like to see a Water Ski Show on the Mississippi and take a Dinner Cruise on the St. Croix in Afton/Hudson.

Last but not least, get a farmer's tan.  I haven't had a natural sun-made tan since Captain's Practices for tennis when we were in high school.  I have a hint of glow but that's from a tanning bed.  I'd rather have an uneven tan just to feel the sunshine and breeze than be line-free from a dark, air-conditioned room.

I may have missed some things and I know things will pop up as we move through July and August.  But I'll keep you updated on my adventures.

0 comments: