BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What Will I Do In 2012??

Last week I got my vacation schedule for 2012.  In the dental office I'm at, I don't really get to choose when I get vacation time.  I just follow my doctor's schedule.  She works, I work.  She's off, I'm off.  Now I can take time off in addition to hers in case I have big trip or event planned.  But with how many days I get off and how little PTO I accrue, the extra days would probably be unpaid leave.  Uh....no. I don't think so.  I also have to option of working when she's off, but it would be as a float at another clinic and I'm not doing that either.

I kind of like things the way they are.  I don't have any major plans for 2012 besides turning 30! 

One of the girls on my team noticed that our doctor took 2 weeks of vacation for her birthday in October.  We thought maybe she had a big trip planned but she had a "milestone" birthday in 2010.  She says she just felt like it.  Someone had said maybe she should take us to Vegas all the October birthdays. ( On a six member team, three have October birthdays.) 

Once the idea was out there, we all were like...."Yeah.  Let's all go!"  I have only been there once back in '03.  It wasn't for very long.  We flew in Friday night and flew out Sunday morning.  Again, it was with dental people and it was for a gal's bachlorette party.

**Side-notes:  Pass on the male "dancers".  Been there.  Done that.  Not worth it.
 Take a taxi or light-rail (they were building something like that in '03.  We could have used it instead of walking the 2 1/2 miles from the Old School Vegas to the new Vegas aka. The Strip.  My feet hurt for days.
Don't talk to anybody.  Too many creepy homeless people.
Don't TAKE things from anybody especially little kids.  Unless you really do wanna call a 1-800 number at 3 a.m. 
JUST SAY NO!

Okay...back on topic.  Going to Vegas ain't cheap.  So I'm gonna start now.  I'm committing $50 bucks from every pay check to my Vegas fund.  By next Summer I'll have over $1200 for airfare, hotel and leisure.  If I have any extra cash, I'll just put it toward the new car fund that I intend to start as soon as the Vegas fund is done.  That should take the ouch off of the pocket book.

1 comments:

Gina said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! I have never been to Vegas but I really want to go!